Monday, June 6, 2011

Julie & Julia

I don't know if any of you have seen or even heard of this movie.
Stars the fabulous Merryl Streep and the adorable Amy Adams (from Enchanted). I heard of the movie as I was "stumbling" one day (I'll explain that below).
The plot of the movie is about a woman named Julie who takes on the challenge of cooking her way through Julia Child's Cookbook in a year. It also follows Julia Child in her process of writing her cookbook. Super cute and fun to watch.
If you decide to watch it I must warn you though, it will either
A) Make you hungry or B) Make you want to cook. Or Both.

On a side note, I've been in a big cooking mood lately.
Look what I made!

Petite Lasagna! Alex is a huge fan, he had four for dinner tonight. Super easy and fast to make. You use wonton wrappers instead of noodles and make them in muffin tins.

I found the recipe on www.foodgawker.com (while stumbling) and I'd be glad to post the recipe if anyone would like it. I think it would be much easier for kids than regular lasagna.
Stumbleupon.com (aka "sumbling") is a site that you customize to your interests and then it pulls up sites according to your interests. I've found so many DIY craft projects, cool pictures and recipes. I'd highly recommend trying it, and its free.
You have to at least visit foodgawker.com. Its the most amazing recipe database I've ever seen, and it updates multiple times daily.
Check it out. I promise you won't be disappointed!

1 comment: