Sunday, August 29, 2010

Oh yeah...I'm Engaged!


Obviously a great deal has happened since my last post. Alex went to Ecuador for two months, got back, and a month later proposed! We are set to get married December 21st and I could not be happier. Alex is truly everything I've ever wanted in a husband, and I know he loves me and I love him. Perfect story right?
Now my life is a flurry of wedding plans, excitement, and being in love, as well as the cruel reality of work, school and responsibilities. I hate growing up. Alex is such a kid at heart and it makes me feel like a kid when I'm around him. I hope we stay kids forever!
As for the proposal, Alex was a bit of a stinker. He got the ring the day before and was so giddy about it that he brought it to my apartment, woke me up from a nap, and made me close my eyes as he tried it on my finger to see what it looked like. I was so ticked. The next day all he could do was talk about it, and tease me. Finally I told him to just not talk about it anymore. I had been waiting for him to get back to propose (about two months) and was going to have to wait even longer. We hopped in his car and decided to go for a hike up Bridal Veil Falls. Long story short, he took me all the way up to the falls and popped the question when I was least expecting it! Looks to be that I said yes!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray and congrats!! Weddings are such drama- we all just have to get through them. No wonder so many couples consider eloping. We're looking forward to getting to know Alex better!

    ReplyDelete