Friday, October 30, 2009

I Have Amazing Parents

I have been so lucky to be raised by such incredible parents! I was making a list the other days of things I wanted to include in raising my children, and I came to appreciate the way I was brought up on a whole different level. I was taught by my mom to love reading, and she encouraged all of us to read. She also insisted that all of us kids play piano starting at age eight, which has become a huge outlet for me. Mom and Dad both taught me to work hard and to be responsible. They were both always working and being productive with their time. My dad taught me to think of the future and consequences in all things. He was also my spiritual leader, who helped guide me in strengthening my testimony.
I have become the person I am today because of my parents and their examples to me.
I love you Mom and Dad

1 comment:

  1. Amen! We all need to think about how much they gave to us! I am always amazed when I do something that is so easy and almost second nature to me and then I realize that it is an uncommon thing to do that I am so familiar with because of mom or dad. I love those times.

    ReplyDelete